So, normally I try and get a few posts written a week. Including a worship review and then some. But… I’m going to be out of town for the next two weeks visiting with family – I’m going to try and make the most of that and really enjoy the time spent with them. So here are some bits and bobs, odds and ends while I’m out of town:
MINI-WORSHIP REVIEW 4.10.15
This week listen to each of the songs and listen for a few themes: “Beholding/Looking,” and “Bread/Wine.” You’ll see them in most of, if not all of the songs. I apologize I’m not writing more review – this was a theologically rich set list and I’m a bit bummed not to spend some more time with it. But, here take a listen and enjoy!
I most likely won’t be posting while I’m out of town, I may, but only maybe. I do have three flights ahead of me (granted I’ll have a baby in tow). But, I am hoping to get some writing done while we’re relaxing with family. So here’s a teaser of things I’m hoping to write and post in the coming week’s and months.
- I think I’ll write another series of posts on how I choose songs for worship.
- I’m working out some thoughts about the role of a worship leader and I will probably work those thoughts out here. I’m thinking it’ll be three posts in a series called: Poet. Pastor. Prophet. I’m hoping that these thoughts will develop beyond a series of blog posts so I’ll need your input.
- How to actually read the Bible.
- I’ve been doing some indepth study on the Psalms and I’ve been writing some reflections and devotions based on individual psalms.
- There has been a lot of really great music released this year so far I’m hoping to write some reflections on the new Josh Garrels, Punch Brothers, Passion Pit albums.
- Worship Reviews!!!
What would you like to see me write about?
If you so choose, here are a few of my favorite posts that I’ve written so far that you could re-enjoy while I’m away if you have the time:
Have a great two weeks e’erybody. See you in a bit.